Christmas and New Year are now behind us. Hopefully, you’ve had a good break and eaten your body weight in chocolate! With the promise of a new year ahead full of possibilities, now is a great time to set business goals that have come to you over the festive period.
I have been speaking with Ian Harford, who is a business coach, and have set goals for my business in 2021. I’d recommend you do the same.
Basically, I take the stress out of finances – both business and personal. From running my own business and helping others to run theirs, I know it’s important for individuals and businesses to set business goals and work towards achieving them.
In my book, Your Business, Your Numbers, there is a section on setting successful business goals as I think they are so important in providing a focus and helping your business to grow.
How To Set Business Goals
To set goals, you need to:
- Believe that you can achieve your goals and that you deserve to achieve them. Any self-doubt will mean that however hard you try, you won’t be successful. Know that if you work hard and others help you, you can achieve your business goals.
- Visualise – What do you want? What is it you have always wanted to do or be? The clearer you are, the easier it will be to make it happen. You can have a daily mantra to help you stay positive.
- Write it down – by writing your dreams on paper or, even better, drawing them, you will be able to see and feel what success looks like. Have them around the house so that you can see them every day – this will help you to focus.
- Know your purpose – you need to have complete clarity on your purpose so that you move forward solidly towards that business goal.
- Commit – if this is worth achieving it is worth putting your heart and soul into it. Being half-hearted won’t work!
- Stay Focused – don’t get distracted from what you are trying to achieve.
- Set a plan of action – having a plan which breaks down what you want to achieve into bite-sized actions and has deadlines for when you are going to attack each action – it will work wonders!
Consider what it is you want to achieve and make a plan of action.
Maybe you feel overwhelmed and want to take control of your numbers? If this is the case, have a look at my 11-step action plan.
Maybe you want to take control of your personal finances? If so, download my personal finance pack.
Think of this time as your preparation for the year ahead. What do you want it to look like? What do you want to focus on? Set business goals today. You will be surprised at what you can achieve when you set your mind to it!
Remember, if you need an independent person to brainstorm with, then I’m happy to mentor you – I know from my own experience that this makes a massive difference.
Next week I will concentrate on how to streamline your business and personal processes.